Follow

Wednesday 22 July 2015

No ifs or buts, just ands!

So, Gillette Venus have a newish campaign - #useyourand (ok so not really new - January).

If you haven't seen it check the video out here!


Ok, before you go and judge me.. I'm aware this is just promoting venus products - but it still has such an inspirational message behind it. Who cares who said it? What is important that someone has said it and the message is getting out there.

The message is so true.. Why should we be limited to labels society has assigned us?

I really like the fact that this video also shows we shouldn't settle for even positive things.. If we are called smart we respond with "yes... and?" because we are so much more than that one dimensional  label.

I'd like to think this video is much more than promoting leg shaving (which I really need to do more of, but I'm just too lazy!). I believe its about showing the world your true potential.

This is the case for everyone... Although this video is directed at woman.. the message can be applied to anyone.

We are x, y AND z.

Don't limit your potential.. You can be whatever you want: a beautiful astronaut, a soccer playing ballerina - there are no limits.

I thought I would share with you a few of my ands

I am

  • Smart and
  • Confident and
  • Adventurous and
  • Unique and
  • A student and
  • Outgoing and
  • Argumentative and
  • Loyal and
  • A girlfriend and
  • Lazy and
  • Funny and
  • Independent and
  • A blogger and
  • Reliable and
  • A drama queen and
  • Determined and
  • Kind and
  • Impatient and
  • The list is endless
Anyway, I want you to understand that we are never going to be just one thing, our list of ands are endless.. There is nothing black and white about us.. and we are difficult to define because we have so many different defining traits.

What are some of your ands?

Later!  

2 comments:

  1. I love this campaign ! I think it's so so important to talk about because it's a wonderful thing to unleash your potential :) I wrote a post about this too about a month ago ! You can find it here :

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/use-your-and.html

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely post Marianne!! Great minds think alike - you just thought of it first! :p

      Thanks for your support it means a lot!

      I love your blog, so encouraging!

      Later! ♥

      Shannon xxx

      Delete