Follow

Thursday 4 June 2015

They're Real Push Up Liner

Ok.. I know I haven't been blogging much (sad!)

but now that exams are over, hopefully I will be blogging more :)

...Don't hold me to that, I start placement soon and have to have a real person job... (scary!)

So, I've been saying for a while that I would review benefit's new(ish) "They're Real Push Up Liner"



Well.. the wait is over, the day has arrived as I will be finally reviewing it in this blog.

So, it's gel eyeliner in a pen, perfect. This is exactly what I had been looking for as sometimes with a brush my eyeliner ends up to think (as you can tell I am far from makeup artist potential)

The description on the box and on benefit's website says "It’s the FIRST EVER lash-hugging gel liner in a pen! This matte black gel formula won’t smudge, budge or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex™ Tip hugs your lashline from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye!"

I thought I would "evaluate" the statement above... (I know it sounds formal, but it's the best way to review it I think).

1. Won't smudge - I completely agree, it doesn't smudge and the application is super easy. The pen also gives you the opportunity to create thin or think lines which is great because it you can therefore have a daytime or nighttime look whenever, using the same applicator.


These are the kind of lines I was able to do with the pen
2. Won't budge - I'm not too sure if this is because of the way I apply it but I find I need a lot more than the recommended amount to ensure my eyeliner stays black. When using the recommended amount the eyeliner tends to dull.

3. Won't dry out - I agree and disagree with the statement. While the entire tube doesn't dry out, the top dries out every single time. This results in my having to squeeze a lot of the eyeliner out and it becomes very wasteful. It is recommended that you half twist (it could be one entire twist, don't hold me to be 100% accurate) the eyeliner and get rid of the product then twist again and it is ready to use. This in itself is so wasteful and with a price like that, you can't afford to wasting any product due to bad design.

4. Hugs your lash line - 100% yes. Although I don't like the product, the applicator is fantastic. It does hug your lash line and therefore your eyes look bigger! 10/10 for the lash line hugging!

Other reviews can be found here. I have found that many people love the product but many don't. So why not take a read at other people's opinions as well.

I was very disappointed with this product.. I have never had a problem with benefit's products before. But I found for the amount of product I was wasting and how it was drying up and therefore the application could become quite like a crayon, £18.50 is just far too high a price. I prefer my Rimmel gel eyeliner - Scandaleyes. It comes in a tub so it won't dry up (as long as you put the lid back on) and it lasts near enough all day! Although I'm not a hug fan of the brush that comes with it so I continue to use the benefit pen (May as well get my money's worth out of it) to apply the Rimmel product! It is currently on offer in Superdrug for £4.99.

If you would like me to review the Rimmel eyeliner, comment below and I will try and get a review done for you :)

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment