Follow

Sunday 31 January 2016

Valentine's Day is coming

Created using Adobe Post
Ok, with Valentine's Day less than a month away I thought I would do a post on gift ideas for her. However, every girl is completely different so if you're using my blog to find the perfect gift, just use it as a rough guide. You will need to do your own research!

Ditch the cliche gift of Roses/Chocolates; they are in the past... Unless she has stated that this would be the perfect gift or expects them each Valentine's Day.

1. Jewellery - First question is does she wear Jewellery? If she does then what type? I have a nomination bracelet and pandora bracelet. Charms for either of those would be a perfect gift for me, but a terrible gift for someone who doesn't own either of the bracelets.

2. Perfume - What is her favourite perfume? Is she running low? Firstly, if she has just got 3 bottles of the perfume at Christmas, she won't need another bottle. However, if she didn't get the perfume recently, maybe this is a good shout! I got my favourite perfumes at Christmas - Lady Million by Paco Rabanne and Jimmy Choo by Jimmy Choo. I also got a few bottles of perfume to use for work such as Heat by Beyonce so the last thing I would want on Valentine's Day is perfume.

3. Underwear - Some girls would love to receive nice underwear and others would look at you as if you had to heads. I am one who would love to receive nice underwear especially as I rarely treat myself to a decent lingerie set. I have never owned Calvins (Calvin Klein) so this would be a perfect gift for me. I can never seem to justify spending £46 for the set. But be careful, it may be your girlfriend's worst nightmare.

4. Flowers - Ok, I know above I said ditch the roses but some women adore flowers. Find out what her favourite flower/flowers are and get her a bunch made up. It will be personal to her and so not cliche! I don't appreciate flowers like other women do, so this wouldn't be the best gift for me. However, last Valentine's Day Jamie got me 12 red roses and I was over the moon. It actually was super romantic. Read a bit about it here. But, as much as I loved the roses, I've him warned not to buy me flowers again because once is enough! 

5. Handbag/Purse - We women can never have too many handbags or purses. I love River Island bags and purses so it would be hard to go wrong. Has she had her eye on a nice handbag but can't justify buying yet another handbag? Does she need a purse to match one of her handbags? If yes, you know the perfect gift.

6. Jacket/Coat - I very rarely buy myself new coats/jackets nor do people often buy me them either... Until this year - I decided I wanted mum to buy me a new mango coat and then I seen a nice jacket from River Island so got dad to buy me that. On top of both of them I seen a nice coat reduced to £20 in new look and couldn't resist the bargain. So a jacket/coat probably isn't the best gift for me this year.. But it could be for your partner.

7. Makeup - What girl doesn't want you to buy them new makeup? Apart from those who don't wear makeup or don't wear it very often! Anyway, why not buy her that mac lipstick she has been wanting for ages or that urban decay eyeshadow set that caught her eye? She might even be running low on her favourite foundation or need new makeup brushes.

8. A Getaway - Most girls love being surprised with a weekend away somewhere. Me and Jamie went to South Dublin for 2 nights at the start of this month and it was amazing... The best part was being able to have a break away from all the madness of normality. This probably wouldn't be the best choice for me as I'm not long back from a trip..but any other time this would be ideal! Has she mentioned anywhere she is dying to visit?

9. Concert Tickets - has she been going on about how she really wants to go see *insert artist here*? Why not surprise her with concert tickets and go with her? Then closer to the time you can also surprise her with a reservation at her favourite restaurant before hand. She will love that you have given up your time to take her to a concert she really wants to go to. Most girls love the opportunity to make more memories.

10. Sentimental Gifts - Is she sentimental? Does she appreciate handmade gifts? Why not create a memory box for her - I have one where I keep all kinds of tickets (from events to public transport) and tags etc. Most of the contents are memories of things me and Jamie have done, but there are other things from events or trips I have went on with my close friends. What about a thoughtful photo album? Fill half the photo album with photos you know she will love; this could be of the two of you or her with her friends/family or just photos that you/her have taken that she loves. Leave the other half blank for her to fill herself. A mix CD with all her favourite songs on it; and don't tell me you don't know them because she will sing them about the house all the time. Fill a mason jar with date ideas; next date day/night just pick out a piece of paper and roll with it. The list is endless. Stuck for more sentimental gift ideas? Google is a wonderful thing, it will come in very handy.

11. Amazon - Is she into Amazon? Why not check out her amazon wishlist? I don't really use amazon but I know a lot of people who do. So the wishlist would be the go-to-place.

My favourite is probably number 10. I love sentimental gifts, and it keeps the cost low as well! Most sentimental gifts can be made for £5 or less.

Me and Jamie have decided this year not to do presents, I would rather just go out for dinner and spend some time with him. Plus both our 21st birthdays are coming up soon and we are going back to Amsterdam in March.

Later! 

2 comments:

  1. These are some brilliant ideas to help escape the generic chocolate box ! I think it's really important to pay attention thorugh january and write down anything that she happens to say she likes as you;re walking round the shops and keep note of it in your phone :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne!

      I think sometimes it is difficult to stray away from what seems to be a popular choice, but it can get boring. Plus, I'm a girl that doesn't appreciate flowers; as a gift, I appreciate everything and anything but flowers wouldn't be something I would buy.

      Definitely like the idea of being super alert and writing down anything your partner says they like.. even if they aren't hinting at anything!

      Later! ♥

      Shannon xxxx

      Delete