Follow

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Amsterdam Break

Gonna keep this short and sweet, but if you wanna know more, leave me a comment on this post :)

So me and Jamie jetted off to Amsterdam on Wednesday 26th August for a 3 day break and boy was it beautiful.

Although our stay was short (and sweet like this blog post!) we still had an amazing time and visited many cool attractions.

Firstly, the hotel! We stayed at hotel Casa 400, Amsterdam, and it was lovely! At first we got a room with a double bed that consisted of two mattresses that easily slid apart. I knew this would be super uncomfortable so I said to reception. The next day a double room was made available to us and the bed had one double mattress. So I can't really fault the hotel much but would recommend (if you decide to stay with the hotel) stating that you would like a  double room with a double bed that has a double mattress as opposed to 2 single mattresses. Anyway, the rooms were beautiful and large in size. I was impressed, especially as it was so cheap.

What we did in a nutshell:

We took a trip to the red light district. It was so surreal. But the canal was beautiful and was even prettier when it was dark and all the red lights were shining. Unfortunately I can't find the photos I took when it was dark :( I really enjoyed being able to visit the red light district, it was truly amazing!


We visited Madame Tussauds which was great fun. I have many photos from this visit but my two favourites are me raving with Armin Van Buuren and selfies with Gingy. I had looked up Madame Tussauds Amsterdam before we decided to go and was excited to see Princess Fiona but when we arrived there was a sign saying she was "at a far away swamp and would return soon". I was gutted. But there was a lot to see and the wax figures were so realistic. We seen Lady Gaga, Beyonce, George Clooney, Spider-Man, Wolverine, David Beckham, E.T. and much more. It was so much fun.



We visited the iamsterdam sign/letters. However there was an event occurring in the area and we didn't have much room for photos... Unfortunately I was unable to get any photos of the full sign but I got a few of both me and Jamie with some of the letters!


We also visited an photography museum called Foam, it was incredible. However, photography wasn't permitted so I don't have any photos. All I can say is if you're ever in Amsterdam, check it out!!

We went out for lunch/dinner each night and it was just great to experience different cafes and restaurants. We went to a Steakhouse one of the nights and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was also an Italian restaurant that we tried and the pizza was to die for! I can't really remember the names of the cafes and restaurants but what I can say is you won't be stuck for choice for places to eat! 

Along with trying many restaurants we also tried many different bars which meant trying different Beers and Ales (mainly IPAs for me), I really enjoyed the selection. One of the nights we actually left without paying, the bar tender was nowhere to be seen and we needed to catch a metro... Shh!! Don't tell anyone. P.S. Does this count as "Dining and Dashing"? Because it's on my bucket list and I know I'll feel bad if the bill is supposed to be over £10.

Have you been to Amsterdam before? What did you enjoy most?
Are you intending on visiting Amsterdam anytime soon? I really recommend it!

Later! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this sounds amazing ! I'm desperate to visit Amsterdam and I'm so happy you had a nice time :) That was really good of the hotel to get you a better room so quickly and I'd love to visit the red light district ( Good luck with finding the photos of it in the dark :) ) I'm glad you had a great holiday :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend it more!! You should definitely go!! (and take me with you... I wanna go back)! The hotel was fab, couldn't have been better. I just wish they had more bikes because the day we tried to rent one of their bikes they had all gone, people had already rented them all :O!

      I really hope to find the photos of the red light district at night because it was absolutely mind blowing!! It was so amazing to look at!

      I will definitely be going back, hopefully sooner rather than later because it was honestly amazing!

      Catch you later!

      Shannon xx

      Delete