Follow

Monday 20 April 2015

Weekly Life Hacks - Part 1


Recently I have been reading various articles, blogs etc etc etc and I have came across many different "Life Hacks". I decided that it would be a good idea to share with you 5 life hacks, each week, that I have found on google/blogs/articles etc etc etc (plus this means I will have to blog weekly win win). You can even try these Life Hacks out for yourself (Or you will probably never use them, ever. But they are fun to know).

Lifehack = a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.

Week 1

1. Bypassing in app ads
Have you ever been playing a game on your phone when suddenly it's interrupted by an in app ad? I certainly have, and it's infuriating. Have you ever though "I'm about to beat my highscore" when an ad pops up distracting you and GAME OVER. If you answered yes you know how frustrating it is.

Did you know theres a way to stop these ads?

No, you don't have to have to spend money and upgrade to ad-free. All you have to do is put your phone on airplane mode. This will turn off the phone's radio function and on top of that you will have more game time as your battery will last longer.

Yes, I know what you're thinking... There is a downside to it. When your phone is on airplane mode you won't receive emails, texts etc

But this is a really great idea if you are wanting to play a few games while waiting for a flight, bus, train, doctor or whatever and don't necessarily need to be able to send/receive texts etc.

2. Peeling Kiwis
I'm a huge fan of kiwi fruit, it's just so darn tasty. But there's one problem, how do I go about peeling it? If I use a knife I always end up hacking half of the actual fruit of and if I use a peeler it takes a lifetime and usually leaves behind some skin.

Hacked - Use a spoon.

You're probably thinking "how on Earth can you peel something using a spoon". Well thats why I'm here, to tell you.

Cut the ends of the kiwi, push your spoon inside making sure the back slides in carefully along the peel. Work the spoon around the inside until the fruit pops out. Clever eh?

3. What side's my car's fill port on?
Whether you've bought a new car or you're renting and you haven't checked which side the fill port is before going to fill up for the first time, its embarrassing pulling up to the pump only to realise the fill port is at the other side.

Fear not, as I have discovered a hack to help you with this problem.

Next time you're pulling up to a petrol pump and you either don't know or have forgot which side the fill port is on, avoid the embarrassment by quickly looking at the pump icon on the petrol gauge.

How will that help me?

There is an arrow pointing to the side you need to fill up on. 

Ok, so maybe its not that useful for some of you but it's still a handy trick to remember especially if you're likely to be renting a car!

4. Permanent straight tie
This one is aimed mainly at men who often wear ties.

It can be quite frustrating to continuously be worrying about whether or not your tie is straight as its very easy for it to get twisted etc. Especially on a windy day.

If you have this problem why not try this hack?

Take an old shirt and cut off the front strip (the button hole bit) until you end up with a piece just longer than 2 button holes. The next time you suit up you can use this bit of material to keep your tie straight.

How?

Place the strip through the keeper loop on your tie and fasten it to the shirt you're wearing!

Now your tie will always be straight (as it will always fall back into place after being knocked about in the wind) and look great!

5. Another use for a post-it.
Ever found it difficult to clean in between the keys on your keyboard? It can be such a struggle and half the time we haven't a clue how to go about it.

Hacked - the solution is simple.

Before throwing out a used post-it, run it between the keys on your keyboard.

Why?

The sticky strip will collect dust and crumbs. This means no more struggling, just a quick and easy method to clean between the keyboard keys!

So there you go, 5 Life Hacks you will probably never use!

Later! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love the airplane mood idea!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke, I'm glad you liked the idea.. Hopefully you can now enjoy ad-free gaming :)

      Just checked out your blog, it looks so professional and there are definitely some good reads.

      I just followed it, and will be keeping up-to-date

      If you liked those life hacks, you should keep posted as I will be uploading a life hack post each week :)

      Thanks again, Shannon xx

      Delete
  2. Your blog is sick, it just destroys my emotions. I have cried several times now looking at it and I feel like my time would be better spent elsewhere. Just kidding it's Luke and I love you a little bit more for having such a friendly blog. Very tasteful and a nice way to share your thoughts and ideas about various aspects of life with other people. Go you clever clogs.

    ReplyDelete