Follow

Thursday 25 December 2014

The Reason For The Season

Christmas is the most exciting time of year. It's the time where we receive presents and get to spend quality time with the ones we hold dear, the ones whom we love.

My brothers spending quality time with me.. oh wait :)
However, sometimes we get caught up in all the madness of Christmas that we forget the true meaning of Christmas. We celebrate Christmas as it is when the most precious gift was given. It was the day Jesus was sent to Earth, it was the day that Mary gave birth to Jesus in a stable.

We need to remember that His PRESENCE is more important than our PRESENTS. Yes, enjoy the gift giving and receiving and spend it loving others but don't forget why Christmas exists.

I'm spending my Christmas day being absolutely spoilt with many presents (I even got a MACBOOK!!), the presence of family and friends, good food and also the presence of the Holy Spirit. Today I am more aware than any other time how blessed I am. I am grateful for those who surround me at this special time but I am even more grateful for the gift God sent us on Christmas day.

#spoilt
This is one of the most famous verses ever, and most people know it. But that doesn't mean that it's meaning is less valuable. This is a reminder of how important Christmas day is.

John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

So thankful for wonderful food and a wonderful family.
So as you sit down to your Christmas dinner or unwrap your presents or you sit down to a family game please remember the REASON FOR THE SEASON.

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment