Follow

Thursday 16 April 2015

Inspiration

I haven't died.

I know I haven't blogged in so long, I can't even remember when the last blog was.. February maybe? I do feel guilty but I've just been so dry on ideas and have had no clue as to what to blog about.

I'd been thinking what I could do to help with this "writers block" when I remembered a quote someone had told me, "without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, there is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks" - Johann Gottfried Von Herder (I had to use google to find out who actually said it and the exact wording). This made me realise I had no inspiration and therefore no passion to put into a half decent blog. So that's when I decided to go on the hunt for inspiration.

Another quote came to mind which, even with the help of Google, I can not find! I think maybe a family member or friend said it.I remembered it containing the phrase "inspiration is everywhere" which is the exact phrase I googled. I did find A quote, even if it wasn't the one I was first thinking of and it said "inspiration is everywhere...draw inspiration from everyday life" - Arnold Arre.

That's when I thought "this is gonna be easy, I'm gonna get so much inspiration now I know I'm looking for it". No. It just doesn't work that way. The harder I tried to find inspiration, the harder I found it to be inspired.

My first thought was that my friends would inspire me. So when I was hanging out with them I would be looking out for anything slightly inspirational, but I found nothing. So I thought that maybe my boyfriend could inspire me or our adventures. But again, I tried so hard to be inspired and still nothing. I tried reading books, watching tv, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, other blogs.. Then I realised.. Inspiration isn't something YOU create, it's something that finds you. I was searching for inspiration so hard I missed all the inspirational things around me.

My friends were indeed inspirational, my boyfriend inspires me, adventures, Pinterest, family, other blogs inspire me.. The list is endless. Inspiration is indeed everywhere.

I understand this blog is solely based on my absence and how I've been searching for something, anything to blog about. BUT I wanted to let you all know I haven't been away due to laziness, just due to not having a clue what to write! On the plus side, from all this searching I have drawn a conclusion... I now know how to get inspiration.. It isn't to LOOK for it, but to let it FIND me.

You'll be glad to know (maybe) that now I have let inspiration find me, I have been inspired in many different ways. I will hopefully have a few GOOD blogs uploaded over the next few months if I find time in between uni, work, revision, deadlines, exams and anything else I will be busy with! Also, as you are the ones who read my blog, gimme a shout if you have any ideas or INSPIRATION for my blog :)

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment