Follow

Sunday 1 February 2015

It's February!

So, its the 1st of February. Where did January go? I've had such a busy January I haven't had the time to blog.. don't be disappointed because I'm back with so much I could write about I don't know where to begin.

My January has consisted of going to Liverpool TWICE this month and exams (grim I know). Nicole and I thought it would be a good idea to go to Liverpool the week before my exams started. It was fine when we were in Liverpool having the time of our lives, chilling, partying, eating crap. But as soon as I got home I realised it wasn't the best decision I could have made as exams were closing in and my previous revision was minimal.

I knuckled down, I knew I had to. The week and a bit only consisted of revision and cramming. It was hard, but I did it. I got through my exams (even if I did struggle with a few) and it was time to got to Liverpool AGAIN.

I couldn't contain my excitement. I was actually going back to Liverpool and this time it was going to be a longer stay. 6 DAYS (well kinda).

Yes packing was a lot harder, and I did need to sit on my case to get it closed at one stage, but I did it and I felt like a pro!

When I arrived at the airport I had bubbles knowing that within the next few hours I would be in Liverpool with Jamie. I could not wait.

But I had to wait. I was quite early, even after I had got through security. The wait was killing me.. But after what seemed like forever, my gate was announced. When I arrived at my gate we started boarding immediately which was great as it meant we had  a prompt take off. The flight itself didn't seem as long as half an hour, which was good AND my flight arrived early. It was a win win situation if you ask me!

I rushed off the plane and straight to the bus stop where I would get the bus from. I was on the phone to Jamie and the entire "bus" thing confused me. The first bus I was supposed to get, I missed. All because I hadn't a clue what bus to get on or where I was to get off when I finally managed to get on the right bus!

After some time explaining, I knew which bus to get. I got on the right bus (yeah I was shocked too), asked for a ticket to the right place and got off at the right stop. I felt amazing. Jamie met me at the bus stop and this is where my adventure began.

This time we were actually productive with our time. We went to the modern art museum called "Tate" which was unreal. Some of the stuff was so pretty to look at, other stuff was so interesting. There was a video called "Instructions No.1" by a girl named Sanja Ivekovic who was the first artist in Croatia to label herself a feminist. I wish I could find the video online as it really was an intriguing video with a powerful message behind it.

We also went to the top of Radio City Tower and can I just say, the views were amazing. It was incredible being up that high, and being able to see for miles and miles. 

Jamie was even able to spot his flat. However, me on the other hand had no glasses on, there was no hope of me spotting anything I recognised (other than subway). Well actually, thats a lie, I was able to see a lot of areas that I recognised. We tried to see Blackpool tower, but with my sense of direction we hadn't a clue what direction to be looking at. But if anyone asks, we totally could see it ok?

Jamie was like my personal tour guide (if that's even the correct name) telling me what everything was. It really was an amazing experience. I'm really glad I got the opportunity to up to the top of the tower, as it truly is an unforgettable experience.

My favourite part was definitely seeing the fishies!
Jamie and I both desperately wanted to go to an aquarium. But the Blue Planet Aquarium was too far away and we weren't 100% sure of how to even get there (it was also like £15 pp). So we decided to go to the World Museum which had free entry (winning!) and also had an aquarium section. This was Jamie's best idea yet as I love museums and aquariums. With the World Museum I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
It was amazing. I got to see loads of different types of fish, I even got to see NEMOEven the rest of the museum was interesting and Jamie even got to see taxidermy butterflies!


Oh, did I mention I have Jamie spoilt and bought him a PlayStation 2? I think I forget that bit. Well yeah, the ps2 I bought him arrived when I was over.

I was in the shower one morning, leaving Jamie in bed. But when I got out of the shower and went upstairs, I found Jamie out of bed, fully dressed with the playstation set up.. I wondered how good of an idea it actually was buying him it.

However, he did behave himself and was very rarely on it which I appreciated. Ben on the other hand was on it constantly.. and I really do mean constantly.. we couldn't get him off it! One of the days Ben played it for at least 7 hours straight. I have no idea what Ben is going to do when Jamie takes the ps2 to Denmark with him!

Amongst all of the adventuring, Jamie grew the balls to ask me to be my girlfriend (even though he can't remember doing it the first time). And I said yes! Although we never intended to start dating before he flew of to Denmark for 6 months, it just felt right. We both care about one another so much that it makes sense that we would be in a relationship. The long distance is going to kill me, but it will make our relationship stronger!


January 2015, you did well!

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment