Follow

Monday 27 April 2015

May Goals

I am well aware that almost 4 months have passed in 2015, but I never actually set myself New Years resolutions this year.

I feel like it would be useful to set monthly goals for myself and then review them when I'm setting the following month's goals. I thought it would be cool to blog about them as well. I suppose this even gives me a way to record my progress! :)




1. Submit my assignments on time

I have been struggling with my assignments this year. I am not naturally smart and feel as if I'm falling behind my fellow classmates. They all seem to understand where as I find myself sitting in the library for hours racking my brain to which I come away with very little progress.

I have two assignments which are both due in May (1st and 12th) and I just want to get them finished and submitted in time. I am aware it's going to take hard work but I'm fully prepared for long nights in the library as long as I get them completed (and hopefully get a good mark).

2. Pass my exams

I have 2 exams in May, one on the 22nd and the other on the 26th. That means my exams start in less than 4 weeks and I am far from prepared. I won't receive my results in May to know whether or not I have passed but what I can do is put in the work to ensure I get a good grade.

My exams are putting a lot of stress on me (as standard) but after my not so good results last semester, I am determined to do well. To get a good result, I am going to have to work harder than ever and I'm not sure how prepared I am for the work load as well as having to attend uni classes (which although feel like a burden, should help me with exams).

So for this goal to become a reality, revision is key. I will need to ensure I know each topic inside out and fully understand them. This is going to be a challenge, but challenge accepted. I refuse to feel as low as I did on results day for las semester's exams.

3. Be slower to anger

Recently I haven't been myself. I've been grumpier than usual, and very quick tempered. I find myself taking out my anger, stress, tiredness etc on my family, friends, boyfriend and it's not fair on them.

I would love to train myself into being slow to anger. It says in scripture "Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger" (James 1:19 ESV) and I would love to put it into practice. But as I'm human and have my flaws, it's difficult. However, I am willing to try. If I were slow to anger it would prevent so many arguments, especially those with Jamie.

If you keep up-to-date with my blogs, you will know that my boyfriend is currently studying in Denmark and the distance is hard. When Jamie and I argue it's usually as a result of me being grumpy and being quick to anger. Due to the distance and sometimes time difference, it can be hard to resolve the arguments we have. Most of our arguments occur in the evening or night time and due to my stubbornness, they usually aren't resolved until at least the next day. This just makes things harder. I go to sleep in a bad mood resulting in me waking up in a worse mood.

However, this could all be avoided if only I was slow(er) to anger and therefore this is one of my goals for May.



I only have 3 goals, but they are difficult. As I think I'm going to struggle with these goals I would really appreciate the support from those around me. Also, please go easy on me as exams and assignments will be putting a lot of stress on me and I will 100% NOT be slow to anger (but I will be working on it)! As for those who just read my blog and don't know me personally I would really appreciate prayer so that I can be successful in achieving my goals.

If you would like to hold me accountable for these goals or future months' goals, please don't hesitate to contact me, I will need all the help I can get.

Later! 

2 comments:

  1. These goals are great, I wish you the best in fulfilling them all! And I totally know how stressful finals get... good luck!!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Brooke, I really appreciate it!
      I'll need all the luck I can get.. But I'm determined to be able to say I achieved my May Goals :)

      Shannon xx

      Delete