Follow

Monday 18 May 2015

Weekly Life Hacks - Part 5

So, it's the exam period and I have had next to no time to blog (sad!).

It has been hard for me, I've really been enjoying writing my blog posts, but revision has got the better of me. I've been super stressed and I'm a bit nervous about my exams (which start on Friday!!!).

Anyway, I owe a weekly life hacks post so here it is!



If you haven't been keeping up-to-date with my blogs, there have been 4 other Weekly Life Hacks posts!


Lifehack = a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.

Week 5

1. Wasps be gone

There isn't anything more annoying than trying to relax in your back garden and being disturbed by wasps. Evil creatures.

With this hack, you can enjoy wasp free pool parties.

Fill containers with vinegar, salt and sugar then place them around your garden! The salt will attract the wasps, but the vinegar/salt will kill them. Bye Bye wasps!

2. Speech Delivery

Are you forever loosing your place when delivering a speech?

Well, apparently if you change the font colour every few lines (4 is recommended) it will make it 10 times easier to keep your place when reading it. The way it is read will also flow better and you will sound professional. 

Might not work with everyone but if it's an ongoing or major concern for you, it's worth a try.. right?

3. De-stressing

Not too sure if you could classify this as a life hack... but it is definitely a useful tip!

These are the top 10 (proposed) ways to destress in 5 minutes (without having to do all that identifying of stress triggers etc)

1. Take 10 deep breaths
2. Do push ups, crunches or pull ups
3. Play with a pet
4. Take a short walk
5. Read an article in a magazine or newspaper
6. Call a friend
7. Listen to music
8. Watch a video on YouTube
9. Play an instrument
10. Meditate

Not sure how convinced I am BUT since I'm a stresser I will try them out and see what the outcome is.

Let me know in the comments if any work for you!

4. "accidentally" swiping to the next photo

When I'm showing people photos on my phone they sometimes swipe to the next photo. To be fair, sometimes it is my family members who completely repel technology and it is a genuine mistake but sometimes I think it's people just being nosey.

I've found if you zoom in slightly on the picture before showing it to people, they can't swipe to the next photos.. Then those who are nosey will be caught out (or it will prevent it happening all together).

5. Freerice.com

This is far from a life hack, but when I was researching for Life Hacks to give me some ideas for these blogs, I came across this on a page that was supplying "life hacks" (well they were more like tips but sure, they're nearly the same thing).

If you go to freerice.com you can donate rice (to 3rd world countries) by answering questions and playing games.

I think the sight kind of acts like a survey and is collecting data using your answers, but it's still such a good idea. Go check it out right now!!! GOOOOO

Another 5 "Life Hacks" (or tips whatever) done and dusted!

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment