Follow

Monday 25 May 2015

Weekly Life Hacks - Part 6

I am literally in the middle of my exams.. Had one on Friday and I have another on Tuesday!

The stress of exams has hit me hard and I have no time to blog as revision has taken over me!

But I made a commitment to upload these life hacks each week, and I'm sticking to it.

However, I'm running out of life hacks that I have came across and this will be the last "Weekly Life Hacks" post. However, if I come up with or come across any other life hacks I will definitely blog them!

If you haven't been keeping up to date with my blogs there have been, as the post title suggests, 5 other "Weekly Life Hacks" posts.

1. Weekly Life Hacks- Part 1
2. Weekly Life Hacks- Part 2
3. Weekly Life Hacks- Part 3
4. Weekly Life Hacks- Part 4
5. Weekly Life Hacks- Part 5

Lifehack = a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.

Week 6

1. Take up less suitcase space

My auntie gave me this tip a couple of years ago when I was going away for a YF weekend and I have stuck by it (most of the time) when travelling.

I thought this would be a good one to put in the blog considering I'm travelling to Denmark on Thursday and will be using this tip myself.

If you roll your clothes as opposed to fold them when packing they will take up less room in your suitcase...

and what I have learnt from experience is your clothes aren't as likely to crease if you roll them!!

Handy :)

2. Sending emails incomplete

Ever accidentally sent an email (formal or informal) before you were ready (it wasn't complete for example)? Yeah, I have also.. AWKWARD

Leave the recipient field blank until the email is complete, proof read and ready to be sent. This will avoid accidental emails being sent.

3. Emergencies

Avoid the bystander affect in large crowds:

Instead of yelling "someone call ambulance/999", point to someone in the crowd and say "You wearing (reference the colour or style of clothing) call an ambulance/999".

4. Price Drops

If you order something of Amazon and within 7 days of your purchase the item's price is reduced you're entitled to a refund of the difference in prices.. Email them!

5. Two options

With me having a 5 year old brother in the house, I know how difficult it can be to get young children to do things.

So if you have young children about the house this might come in handy.

Instead of telling them what to do give the child options (recommended 2) that have the same outcome.

For example, instead of telling them to brush their teeth, show them 2 toothbrushes and ask them which one they would like to use to brush their teeth. This can work when buying them new clothes (if they are reluctant), new shoes, putting their jammies on.. anything really!

Plus, kids love feeling like they are in control!

Good luck! :)

So there is another 5 life hacks that may or may not come in handy...

As I said above this will be the last of "Weekly Life Hacks" but I will be uploading other blogs and reviews, so keep posted.

If you have blog ideas or a life hack you want me to share either drop a comment on this blog (or any other blog for that matter) or drop me an email!

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment