Follow

Thursday 1 October 2015

Raspberry and White Chocolate Cookies

Makes approximately 20 cookies

Ingredients
- 225g butter (most recipes say unsalted but I've found it doesn't make much of a different - this time round I used unsalted - personal preference as to whether you use unsalted butter or not)
- 250g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg (large)
- 100g white chocolate
- 50-100g raspberries (I honestly just lifted a couple of handfuls - you can decide how many raspberries you want in your cookies)


Prep
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Break up the white chocolate into pieces (I used a knife)
- Chop the raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C (leave this until half way through the method)

Method
- Break up the white chocolate into pieces (I used a knife)
- Chop the raspberries
- Beat together the butter and sugar until soft (I found an electric whisk or cake mixer works best because I'm lazy!)
- Once the butter and sugar are a nice consistency and very light in colour, beat in the egg using a little flour if needs be.
- Now add the rest of the flour - it's not a cake so I just used the cake mixer again to mix the flour in.
- Once the flour has been thoroughly mixed, add the raspberry and white chocolate pieces - I think you are better to fold these in as opposed to mixing them with the whisk.
- Now place the mixture on the tray(s) in blobs/cookie shapes (I found the mixture to be very sticky and would recommend putting flour on your hands).
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12-15 mins (or until a nice golden brown colour)
- Once they have baked, leave to cool.
- Now enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment