Follow

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Weekly Life Hacks - Part 3

Yes, I know it's late.. But I've been swamped with uni work, deadlines and revision for upcoming exams. I currently have 3 half blogs in my draft (excluding this one) that I just have had no time to finish. I promise they will be uploaded by the end of this month!




Lifehack = a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.

Anywaaay, here's another 5 (probably useless) life hacks! :)

Oh, and if you haven't been keeping up to date check out Part 1 and Part 2 for more.

Week 3

1. Quickly identify your keys

All my keys are different colours silver/gold/designed because I was forever spending a lot of time trying all my different keys until I found the right one and I needed a way to identify them. But most key cutting shops charge extra to get your key cut onto a designed template.

Hacked - instead, use nail polish to paint the top of your keys. This works out a lot cheaper as you either have your own nail polish already or someone else in your house probably will.

However, if you can't find any nail polish of your own and don't know anyone who has any, I wouldn't suggest going out and buying nail polish for this purpose only!

2. Cold wine!

This one is for the over 18s! :)

Sick of putting ice cubes in your wine to keep it cold but then when they melt the wine becomes watered down?

I have found the solution!!

Freeze grapes and use as ice cubes instead!

If you're under 18... I'm sure you could use other fruit to keep other drinks cold for example you could freeze slices of lemon or lime to put in a glass of coke to keep your coke cold without it becoming watered down or losing any fizz!

3. Keep paint cans clean

If you're like me, when painting, you will use the side of the can to wipe off excess paint. BUT this results in the can getting messy.. Then either flakes of dry paint end up everywhere or the paint doesn't dry properly and more mess occurs due to the wet paint on the can. It's a vicious circle... xD

Anywaaay, I was reading an article and some fabulous person has came up with this hack:

Put a rubber band around the tin to use for wiping off excess paint.

Absolutely brilliant.

4. Fool proof passwords

I seen this "life hack" on a website when doing some research before starting this weekly blog and it is absolutely genius.

This is perfect for those who aren't very creative, a bit like me.. In fact no, this is perfect for anyone.

Anywaaaay, I'm getting too excited over this one and making it more reading than necessary while you readers are probably sitting there like "ok Shannon, get to the point".

So here it is... Use an accented letter in your password.. No one will guess it.

This is a particularly good one for your phone unlock password (unless you like it being a 4 digit code). To add an accented letter using an iPhone (this could be the same for any smartphone but I'm not sure) hold down the letter (for example n) and the accented options will appear. SIMPLE and UNIQUE.

Although.. this isn't a great one to use if you are forgetful or aren't the best at remembering passwords.

5. Remembering you've locked the door

Sometimes I get paranoid and start to think "did I lock the door this morning". For most people, this thought pops into their head when they have went away for the weekend or took a long trip or whatever.

I read this online and thought that it actually was quite clever.

If this happens to you (works best if only used when going on a long trip whether for the day, weekend, a week, whatever) try doing something unusual before locking the door to ensure you remember that you have locked the door and avoid the fear and panic.

I will definitely be trying this one out next time.

So there you go, yet another 5 life hacks that you may or may not try out for yourself.

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment